Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Benefits of laser hair removal ~
- No more need to shave or wax the area.
- Efficient & Painless
- Saves you time & money
- No more plucked chicken. look after waxing or ingrown hairs
- No more shaving rash or cuts
Does it hurt?
No. You should not feel any pain during your treatment. You will feel some ‘pricking’ sensations and the intensity of this can vary but should not be painful.
Can you shave/wax between sessions?
Yes you can shave between your appointments but you can not wax. You can not wax between appointments because the hair needs to remain in the follicle for the laser to ‘Zap’ it.
Can you treat more than 1 area in 1 appointment?
Yes, we can certainly treat multiple areas in 1 appointment. Some areas will have different lengths of time between treatments but we can group them together where possible.
Can I have my treatment if I have a tan?
Natural tan, yes but UV sun exposure needs to be avoided for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your treatment.
Fake tan, no. This needs to be removed 2 weeks prior to your treatment and not reapplied for 7 days after.
Do you treat men?
Will it work if I have PCOS?
Yes, contact the Salon for more information regarding laser hair removal and PCOS.
How many sessions do you need?
We recommend a course of 6 session to achieve the best results.
Will I be completely hair free?
Laser can not guarantee 100% hair removal. Results vary but after 6 sessions you can be up to 95% hair free.
Pre Treatment ~
- Do not expose skin to UV (sun exposure, tanning beds) for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment and fake tan at least 2 weeks prior to out treatment.
- Prior to each treatment the hai should be shaved (hair follicles react better when shaved). Do Not depilate, wax, pluck or thread the area being treated.
- Arrive makeup free if the face is being treated.
- Avoid exfoliating, microdermabrasion or skin peels for 1 week prior to your treatment.
- Avoid bleaching creams or perfumed products for 24-48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing when attending treatment sessions if treating the body.
- Area of treatment should be clean and dry.
- Avoid using deodorant and moisturisers on areas that are being treated.
- Protect the skin from sun exposure and SPF50 should always be used during the treatment programme.
Post Treatment ~
- No exposure to UV, tanning beds (during the treatment course). Self tan can be used 1 week after treatment but must be completely off the skin prior to your next treatment.
- Do not shave fot 48-72houes after your treatment. The hair re-growth should be slowed substantially and may be patchy when it does return. Most clients notice an improvement after 2-3 treatments. The re-growth may appear to worsen: in fact the growth cycle has become synchronised, which is highly desirable as subsequent treatments will be even more effective.
- Do not depilate, wax, pluck or thread during the treatment programme. Shaving or depilatory creams can be used. Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Do not pick or scratch the treatment area. Avoid hot baths, showers, sauna, swimming pools etc for the first 24hours after your treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating to skin peels on the treatment area for 1 week.
- Avoid rough sports or gym for 24 house after your treatment.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- Avoid exposure to the sun during the treatment course if this is unavoidable use SPF50.
- We recommend using Aloe Vera Gel for its soothing and moisturising properties post treatment as this can improve any discomfort in the treatment area. Do not use ice directly on the skin.
- Do not use any vitamin A (retinol) products for 2 days either side of any treatment other than a glycolic peel treatment.
- Advise the clinic and seek the advice of your GP should you experience and ill side effects.
- After treatments the hair will appear to still be growing. It is in face shedding and this process can take up to 3 weeks b ut do not be alarmed if you don’t notice this happening, as not everyone does.
I have started the laser hair removal treatment and have done 3 sessions so far.
I can already see improvements, considering that I am really fair skin and have thin hair, this being my biggest worry.Can’t wait to go back and finish my treatment and enjoy the end results.
Last year I started my laser treatment journey at Sarah Louise Beauty and I have been so impressed with the results so far that I am already planning on booking more areas to begin treatment.
The staff are always polite, welcoming and make you feel very comfortable.
Sarah the owner is always around to chat about any concerns or worries you have before starting laser treatment which is a big relief if you are nervous about trying it for the first time.
My laser technician Georgie, who has done all of my appointments(I think consistency is really important) has been an absolute star and really knows her stuff.
Would definitely recommend going for a consultation if you are considering laser, the prices are very competitive and the service has been amazing.
The girls at the salon are so lovely, professional and friendly. I have been seeing Sarah for over 4 years now for regular nails, lashes and eyebrows appointments, but also Sophie and Georgie for waxing and occasional pedicures. Cannot recommend them highly enough! Always make me feel so welcome and it’s a pleasure to go!I also had my first hair laser removal with Georgie recently, who made me feel so comfortable and relaxed and I am already seeing results! What a fantastic service, thank you.